Share Blog Post
How CTIX integrates the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- The ATT&CK Navigator gives a quick overview of the object statuses, popular techniques observed, and the popular MITRE-listed threat actors detected.
- Using the ATT&CK matrix, for each technique, analysts can view the affected platforms, data sources, associated malware, the defenses it can bypass, and the required mitigation and detection methods.
- It also shows the indicators, malware, threat actors, or incidents related to the technique, along with examples and further references. By visiting the ‘Relations’ tab, analysts can use the Threat Visualizer to view the IOCs associated with a specific technique in a much better way.
- Analysts can switch between Enterprise and Mobile ATT&CK matrix to view different sets of techniques that affect corresponding assets, and switch to the ATT&CK Heatmap view for a color-coded representation of critical tactics and techniques.
- Analysts can also search for specific top-level techniques or sub-techniques associated with particular platforms, threat actors, software, and log data sources.
- Furthermore, analysts can add custom layers with their chosen techniques, sub-techniques, and more.
How does this help you?
- With the integration of the updated MITRE ATT&CK framework, CTIX users benefit greatly from the clear classification of threats that enables analysts to better assess the coverage of an attack technique with their existing defenses.
- It helps organizations improve the monitoring of threats across different environments, be it their on-premise infrastructure, cloud networks, mobile assets, or anything in between.
- The improved usability and design features of the ATT&CK Navigator helps analysts save time by focusing their attention on the most critical threats facing their organization.
The bottom line
Posted on: December 14, 2020
Get the Cyware Blog delivered to your email!
More from Cyware
Stay updated on the security threat landscape and technology innovations at Cyware with our threat intelligence briefings and blogs.
Explore Industry Briefs
Cyware for Enterprise
Adopt next-gen security with threat intelligence analysis, security automation...
Cyware for ISACs/ISAOs
Anticipate, prevent, and respond to threats through bi-directional threat in...