- The latest batch of stolen users’ records belongs to six new companies.
- The hacked data is being sold for 0.8463 Bitcoin ($4,350) on the DreamMarket forum.
‘Gnosticplayers’ hacker is back with the fifth round of stolen data. This time, he has put up over 65 million user accounts on sale on the dark web forum.
The big picture - In the fifth round of data sale, the hacker is offering a batch of 65.5 million records on the Dream Market underground marketplace. This sums up to a total of 932 million records.
In the first round, the infamous hacker had listed a batch of 620 million accounts stolen from 16 top websites. This involved the data from Dubsmash, Armor Games, 500px, Whitepages, ShareThis and more.
In the second batch, Gnosticplayers had come up with a batch of 127 million records coming from eight companies. The third round contained more than 92 million hacked users’ accounts from eight new websites.
In the fourth batch, the hacker had offered 26 million new accounts stolen from 6 companies such as Youthmanual, GameSalad, Bukalapak, Lifebear, EstanteVirtual, and Coubic.
Which are the affected companies - The latest batch of stolen users’ records belongs to six new companies. This includes:
- Mindjolt, the gaming platform;
- Wanelo, the online community for shopping;
- iCracked, the Apple repair center;
- Yanolja, the travel company;
- Evite, the e-invitations service;
- Moda Operandi, the women’s fashion store.
The hacked data is being sold for 0.8463 Bitcoin ($4,350) on the DreamMarket forum, ZDNet reported.
What all data is sold - Following are the details of the personal data that are being sold in the fifth round:
- Mindjolt - ฿0.1008 - 28 million - email, full name, birth date, register date, gaming details, no password;
- Wanelo - ฿0.159 - 23 million - email, username, password (3 million MD5 & the rest bcrypt);
- Evite - ฿0.2419 - 10 million - full name, country, email, IP address, password (cleartext);
- Yanolja - ฿0.1209 - 1.5 million - email, password (MD5);
- Moda Operandi - ฿0.1129 - 1.5 million - email, name, password (SHA1), user-agent, IP address, and more;
- iCracked - ฿0.1108 - 1.5 million - name, physical address, geo-location details, email, password, and more