Yeabests.cc is a browser hijacker that appears to you as a genuine website. It behaves like a search engine and creates nuisance for the user. Initially it will look like a proper legitimate website to you but then the problems start. It takes control of your browser and doesn’t seek your permission before performing any task. This virus is a very dangerous threat that can change the settings of the affected PC including its DNS configurations. It further weakens your machine’s security by disabling or deactivating security programs making it easy for any malware to penetrate into your system. It slows down your system and reduces the performance by great margins. This is the tipping point when you just want to kick your system hard. Well, you need not do that. Gather some patience and follow the steps we are mentioning in this article. Thy shall be Victorious!
Step 1: Uninstall Yeabests.cc from Programs
- Press Windows Logo Button + ‘R’ key on your keyboard simultaneously.
- When the window opens, Type “regedit”.
- Go to HKCU\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
- Change the String with a value data and set it to Cyware.com for example.
Step 2: Remove Yeabests.cc extension from browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press Ctrl + Shift + A
- Disable unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Click Troubleshoot information
- Click Reset Firefox
- Open Internet Explorer
- On upper right corner you can see Gear Icon. Click it
- Click Internet Options
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable unknown extensions
- Click Advanced Tab
- Click Reset
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to Main Menu
- Click More Tools
- Click Extensions
- Click Recycle Bin option next to Yeabests.cc
- Delete the current user to Reset Google Chrome to ensure no trace of this malware is left behind.
Step 3: Check for any leftovers
Scan your computer with a professional antivirus software to ensure there are no leftover registry leftovers and temporary files. Click here to know which are the best antivirus software in 2016