Share Blog Post
- If there’s been some level of intrusion or external penetration based on a tooling signal or notification, and there’s a need to further investigate that incident, you are past dwell time and into the unknown as far as potential damage is concerned. So you are up against the clock in a real way.
- Your organization’s risk increases substantially the longer it takes to identify and contain that threat. It's not a given that you will be breached.
- 64% of respondents note that sharing cyber threat intelligence between their organizations’ security operations center (SOC), incident response, and threat intelligence teams is limited. Organizations also cite several data silos and data access issues that hamper their ability to achieve collective defense.
- Top obstacles to unifying technologies include cross-team collaboration (55%), data silos within security teams (47%), discovering and accessing data (45%), and functional silos within security (45%).
- Due to difficulties unifying data access, security teams, and security technologies, firms report several consequences tied to potentially hazardous defense issues, including slow threat response (60%), avoidable data breaches (57%), and avoidable human error (53%).
- In addition, there are financial impacts experienced because of a lack of security unification and automation, such as high mitigation costs and increased cybersecurity spending (51%), and fines and compliance issues (45%).
- It's an easy read - so read it and give us feedback or contact us with any questions. It's relatively easy for non-cyber personnel as much as it is for teammates on your SecOps team.
- If you can identify the factors that are impacting a slower threat response, take this report to your team and your manager as a way to demonstrate there are opportunities to improve, and the report outlines these first steps.
- Engage with us at Cyware - we’re solving threat intelligence, orchestration, automation, and threat response challenges daily for customers trying to unify their approach around automation to protect their business. Everything we build points to building a collective defense.
Posted on: October 22, 2021
More from Cyware
Stay updated on the security threat landscape and technology innovations at Cyware with our threat intelligence briefings and blogs.
Explore Industry Briefs
Cyware for Enterprise
Adopt next-gen security with threat intelligence analysis, security automation...
Cyware for ISACs/ISAOs
Anticipate, prevent, and respond to threats through bi-directional threat in...