Share Blog Post
Benefits of Threat Investigations
- Real-time Investigation: The Threat Investigations feature enables security analysts to view all the threat data in a single pane through intuitive graphical representations, effortlessly exploring details and conducting investigations in real-time. The feature supports Diamond Model for a more structured investigation.
- Interactive and Visual Clarity: Analysts have access to visual details which help them study threat patterns in a better way and results in an improved understanding of the available threat data.
- Coordination and Collaboration: The Threat Investigations model offers a collaborative environment, bringing together threat information, evidence, and users. Security analysts can share the investigation canvas with their peers and information sharing communities to improve response. This allows analysts to coordinate and collaborate as a team to inspect every crevice of the organization's security perimeter, identify adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), and effectively defend against threats.
- efficiently aggregate and analyze massive threat intel data and get 360-degree insights into how adversaries operate
- recognize the adversaries’ objectives and proactively mitigate threats.
- Incident Response: Security teams can perform an extensive investigation to accelerate incident response and boost remediation and recovery, thereby minimizing mean time to respond (MTTR) and mean time to contain (MTTC).
- Threat Hunting: During the investigation, threat hunters can leverage this capability to collect critical intelligence and communicate to other teams for analysis, prioritization, and response. This information is critical to predicting threat trends, remediating threats, and improving security measures.
- Adversary Characterization: The new capability completely complements and aids the major goal of threat investigation which is to identify threat patterns and threat actor TTPs. The advanced analytical data deduced from CTIX's threat investigation capability can be leveraged by security teams to proactively defend against threat actors’ malicious strategies and draw up future mitigation strategies.
Posted on: May 19, 2022
More from Cyware
Stay updated on the security threat landscape and technology innovations at Cyware with our threat intelligence briefings and blogs.
Explore Industry Briefs
Cyware for Enterprise
Adopt next-gen security with threat intelligence analysis, security automation...
Cyware for ISACs/ISAOs
Anticipate, prevent, and respond to threats through bi-directional threat in...