Share Blog Post
- When the going gets tough, the tough get going. This proved right as, even amidst the pandemic, we more than doubled our revenue, number of customers, and team size, and we are still growing and looking for great talent. Our team, working out of multiple geographies, showed the utmost agility, vision, and strategic-wisdom that kept the momentum high throughout the year and made Cyware further resilient to black-swan events like the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We raised additional capital in the middle of the pandemic. The new funding round further energized the entire team as it underscored the strong foundations of our company and our advanced solutions having enormous market demand.
- We got recognized in Gartner’s 2020 Market Guide for Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) Solutions. The recognition validates Cyware’s cyber fusion brand of SOAR solutions that are built to fit Gartner’s SOAR criteria of offering threat intelligence (TIP), an incident response (IR), and security orchestration and automation (SOA) capabilities within an integrated solution.
- To address a major gap in the mid-market, we released a new solution that enables mid-sized security teams to add threat intelligence to their SOC. Our goal was to simplify threat intelligence solutions. We made this possible by extending our product portfolio with the launch of CTIX Lite, a fully-automated threat intelligence platform for mid-sized security teams.
- Watching security teams struggle with the orchestration and automation challenges faced during on-premise deployments, we launched Cyware Agent, a lightweight integrator to automate cross-environment workflows. Cyware Agent allows organizations to seamlessly orchestrate their security workflows between on-premise and cloud-deployed security tools and technologies without exposing their on-premise networks.
- We also built virtual cyber fusion center solution for our customers, offering end-to-end threat intelligence automation, incident response, and security orchestration and automation (SOAR) capabilities, with over 250 out-of-the-box integrations. The modular, integrated platform gained immense popularity and adoption during the COVID-19 crisis as organizations started looking for location-agnostic, non-brick and mortar virtual security solutions.
- Our advanced information sharing platform continues to be the platform of choice for information sharing communities. In addition to onboarding over a dozen information-sharing communities (ISACs/ISAOs) in the recent past, we welcomed several large and well-known information sharing communities in 2020, including the Health Information Sharing and Analysis Center (H-ISAC) to our network.
- We welcomed two new members to our board of directors, Anthony Belfiore, SVP and CSO of Aon, and Zach Sivertson, Managing Director at Prelude.
- Our leadership team also grew as new members joined the team over the last 12 months taking the cumulative industry experience of our executive team beyond 100 years.
- Our technology partnerships grew exponentially this year with several amazing industry leaders, such as Dragos, Intel471, Recorded Future, VMware Carbon Black, Sixgill, Cofense, Flashpoint, Polyswarm, and Bambenek, among others.
- As part of our international expansion, we built several new channel partnerships outside the United States, including with the Exclusive Networks in the Middle East and Inflow Technologies in South-East Asia and APAC, to make our solutions available and accessible to more and more organizations across the world. Furthermore, in order to serve our customers better, we also started an official training and certification program for our partners. The program covers the hands-on product training exercises for delivering industry-standard knowledge in the domains of threat intelligence, security automation, orchestration, and threat response.
- Our team of technology and solution experts interacted with thousands of security professionals to understand their pain points in the realm of threat intelligence and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) and conducted several webinars, including the latest webinar on Democratizing Actionable Threat Intelligence, to address the same.
- Cyware’s leadership team, on its mission to promote the value of threat intelligence sharing, participated in multiple virtual roundtables, including the NTSC CISO Policy Roundtable, wherein Anuj Goel, CEO and Cofounder of Cyware, connected with Steven Silberstein, CEO of FS-ISAC, and Dr. Hugh Thompson, Managing Partner at Crosspoint Capital Partners to discuss the role of security automation in enhancing the value that organizations can derive from threat intelligence sharing.
- Our pioneering work in the realm of threat intelligence was recognized by the Info Security Products Guide in it’s 16th Annual 2020 Global Excellence Awards. We were acknowledged as an industry leader in the threat intelligence technology category.
- During the peak covid crisis period, we actively tracked and created a dedicated resource for organizations to keep track of all the COVID-19-related security threats. This resource helped a large number of organizations in coping up with COVID-19 related security threats in the early phase of the pandemic. We have published several such live updates from time to time and you can subscribe to them here.
- We launched a new initiative, Cyber Collaboration Center (C3), to provide real-time actionable threat intelligence to security leaders and decision-makers across different roles, sectors, and geographies. If you are a security leader and want to be a part of this initiative, you can apply for membership here.
- We launched a new, enhanced version of Cyware Social, our real-time threat intelligence and alerting resource, to help our readers stay aware of the emerging threats by providing them the latest intelligence and alerts. We also witnessed an overwhelming increase in the subscription of our daily, weekly, and monthly threat intelligence newsletters. If you haven’t already subscribed to them, you can do so now.
- A large number of security professionals, industry leaders, and cybersecurity market enthusiasts engaged with us through social media. Our LinkedIn follower count crossed 18k (as of December), growing by more than 400% over the year. You too can follow us on Linkedin and learn more about how your organization can benefit from our solutions.
- The pandemic didn’t stop us from having fun. We organized a virtual Halloween-themed Hackathon that ran across six different time zones, allowing over 100 team members to participate from the comfort of their homes.
- Last but not least, we have learned, adapted, and thrived in 2020 in spite of the challenges it threw at us. Even while working remotely from different geographies, we learned to work as a team and stay absolutely focussed on our goals.
Posted on: December 23, 2020
More from Cyware
Stay updated on the security threat landscape and technology innovations at Cyware with our threat intelligence briefings and blogs.
Explore Industry Briefs
Cyware for Enterprise
Adopt next-gen security with threat intelligence analysis, security automation...
Cyware for ISACs/ISAOs
Anticipate, prevent, and respond to threats through bi-directional threat in...